Kenya will host the Renewable Energy Forum Africa (REFA) conference in October 2023. The event is expected to bring together stakeholders in the field of renewable energy to discuss solutions to sustainable energy development in Africa.
The three-day event will feature presentations and panel discussions on a variety of topics, including:
- Africa’s role in the global green hydrogen race
- Market outlook for green hydrogen in Kenya and East Africa
- Green hydrogen technology updates
- Diversifying wind markets in Africa
- Financing small-scale C&I solutions across Africa
- E-mobility companies in Africa, successful business models, and ensuring the long-term quality of e-mobility technology in the African context
The forum will also focus on proposing the most up-to-date content and discussions on all key renewables, including solar, green hydrogen, e-mobility, wind, geothermal, hydro, and biomass.
REFA is a new annual conference organized by AFSIA and SolarPower Europe to promote investment in renewables on the African continent. The event is expected to attract more than 150 exhibitors from the global power industry, showcasing their latest products and solutions.
The conference also aims at spearheading investments in Kenya’s Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system. President William Ruto recently signed a deal worth KSh 8.8 billion with the United States (US) foreign aid agency Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) to acquire electric buses. The electric buses will operate on Line 2 of the BRT and are expected to ease traffic congestion in Nairobi.
The REFA conference is a significant event for the renewable energy sector in Africa. It provides a platform for stakeholders to come together, share ideas, and discuss solutions to the challenges of sustainable energy development. The event is also expected to attract significant investment in the sector.